Have you ever considered adding herbs and spices in your daily diet? Well, if you have not yet, then you should. The herbs and spices have a lot of benefits to help you with and to start with, it helps you lose a lot of weight.
A lot of people who approach me to help them with their weight loss program in Florida have a notion that their weight loss program is going to be dull and they all have to eat the tasteless salads and foods. But that is not it. Now you can spice up your diet with a pinch of the following herbs and spices that will also help you lose a few pounds. Take a look –
1. Ginger – Ginger is one of the best herbs and spices that you can use in your diet. It has a really nice smell and above all, it tastes good. Ginger can also help you when you have a cough or cold. The best thing is, adding ginger as a part of your dressing in your salads or as an ingredient in your food can enhance the taste. Or you can make cup of ginger tea like the following –
Make ginger tea and drink two to three cups daily.
Grate the ginger and add it to your meal.
Eat small ginger pieces in between your meal.
2. Green Tea – Green tea has always been quite famous among everyone because of the weight loss benefits it offers. It doesn’t only improve your body metabolism, but also makes your body immune to various diseases and is a storehouse of anti-oxidant properties. Drink at least two cups of green tea every day –
Put 2 teaspoon of green tea in a cup of hot water.
Keep it for 3 minutes and then strain it.
Drink 2-3 cups a day.
3. Hibiscus – Have you ever considered consuming this beautiful flower? The flower can also be used as an amazing herb and it is one of the best ways to absorb the body fat and carbohydrates. It helps you lose weight too. You can consume hibiscus as a part of your morning tea –
To make hibiscus tea add 2 tablespoons of dried hibiscus petals to 2 cups of water. Bring it to boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain and add honey and lemon juice for taste. Drink 2-3 cups a day.
4. Korean Ginseng – Another amazing herb that can help you lose a lot of weight is the Korean Ginseng. It improves your body metabolism, lowers your insulin and stress level and keeps your body and mind fresh.
The benefits of healthy eating cannot be overstated. As a health coach, I get asked frequently why healthy eating is so important. Especially by people who make the argument that “Hey, we are all going to die someday”. Just because this rings true doesn’t mean that you should take the fast train to get there, causing irreparable damage to your body in the process. There are plenty of reasons why you should start eating healthy. Some of the benefits of doing so include:
1. Improved health: Healthy eating is extremely important because it helps to protect your body from illness and disease. Food is medicine, and eating the right kinds of foods such as fruits and vegetables in adequate quantities will boost your immune system. Conversely, eating unhealthy food can lead you to many other diseases like – type 2 diabetes, hypertension and heart disease.
2. Weight regulation: Eating healthy food allows you to regulate your weight effortlessly. When you consume packaged food, and fast food you are filling your body up with excess calories in the form of carbohydrates and sugar which leads to significant weight gain over time.
3. Enhanced mood: Although there is no single food that acts as a proven antidepressant, maintaining stable blood sugar through proper nutrition will help you feel great through a steady supply of energy. You will also feel amazing knowing that you are taking care of your body the way that it deserves to be taken care of. Let’s face it- you are priceless, so treat yourself and your body with the utmost care.
My health coaching focuses not only on food but on overall wellness. I delve into your mindset and work with you to remove barriers to your health so you can truly live a life of abundance. Through this process you feel empowered, all while eating delicious, nutritious food- on a plan crafted by me, specifically for you.
When breakfast is overindulgent it can really slow you down, send you into hibernation mode and wreck all the hard work you put into exercising during the week. However, this flourless pancake recipe is indulgent yet healthy, filling, and so simple to make.
The recipe yields 4 pancakes, at 290 calories total which is a major win. Here is what you will need.
1 tablespoons Flax Seed, Ground
1/8 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 serving whole Egg
Whisk eggs in a bowl. Mash banana in a separate bowl and pour in whisked eggs. Add in ground flax seeds and baking powder. Combine.
Lightly grease griddle and place on medium heat. Take 1/4 cup as scoop, and scoop pancake mixture unto griddle. Cook evenly on both sides.
Repeat steps until batter is used up. You may add toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts and 1 Tbsp. Pure maple syrup.
I would love to see your yummy pancake creations, so make sure to tag me on social media @platefulofyum
P.S: If you need additional guidance on how to build a balanced meal to meet your specific health goals, let’s chat. Schedule a free nutrition consultation with me here — > http://bit.ly/Freenutritionconsult
There is a reason why there is an epidemic of obesity not only in the United States, but also in the world. With many healthy options when it comes to food, the rise of nutrition related sickness and disease is alarming.
The truth is that there are many food options, and carefully crafted marketing messages have deceived a lot of people into spending money on foods that are unhealthy under the guise that they are good for us. If you saunter down the cereal aisle, you can find lots of cereals –especially the ones targeted at children, rife with sugar. Why are we exposing children to large amounts of sugars, artificial sweeteners and colorings at a young age? It makes absolutely no sense, and this is why there is an increase in children as young as 8 years old, developing Type 2 Diabetes. Gone are the days where Type 2 diabetes was once a disease solely marked by adulthood.
Adults aren’t left out of these crazy marketing schemes. About 3 years ago, coconut oil started to be touted by almost everyone on the Paleo diet craze as a superior health alternative to other cooking oils. Even more superior than Olive oil. I scoffed when this trend took off because as a Nutrition expert and Registered Dietitian, I knew the scientific research said otherwise. Although coconut oil is a Medium Chain Triglyceride, it is high in saturated fat, which means consuming it regularly can increase your LDL (bad) cholesterol. This can lead to clogged up arteries and heart disease.
You wouldn’t take the health advice from a Google search result more seriously than you would the advice from a renowned medical doctor. So why do the same with nutrition? It is so easy to be swayed by nutrition advice when you are not an expert. This is why in your decision to make your health a priority to you need to consult with the best. As nutrition coach in Los Angeles, I have crafted healthy eating plans for people to meet their unique lifestyle and healthy needs. From celebrities in Los Angeles, to the stay at home mom in Australia- you can receive scientifically backed, individualized concierge nutrition coaching even from the comfort of your own home.
My nutrition coaching program is effective because I don’t just focus on food. I delve into your mindset and work with you to remove barriers to your health. Through this process you feel empowered, all while eating delicious, nutritious food- on a plan crafted by me, specifically for you. I am not just a nutrition coach for celebrities in Los Angeles and New York.I work with people that are truly serious about their health and I can also work with you to bring total health transformation.
Heart disease is one of the leading causes of deaths in the United States. The great news is that almost all forms of heart disease can be prevented or managed to some significant degree by diet. Learn how some simple changes in your diet can boost your heart health for good.
In our daily life, we get caught up so much with work that we hardly get time to actually eat the foods that our body truly needs. I am sure you can remember how many times you have skipped a meal because you were busy with work, or grabbed a ‘health bar’ with a latte as substitute for breakfast.
In our ever-busy lives, it is so easy to sabotage your health if you don’t pay careful attention. For example the seemingly harmful act of grabbing a latte and a health bar can wreck your health. Lattes are loaded with sugar, and so are most of these bars that are marketed as healthy. Consuming large amounts of sugar, especially in a beverage can cause your blood sugars to spike dramatically, which can lead to a crash early in the day, and ultimately fatigue. This act of mindless eating can also lead to significant weight gain.
Our bodies are our most prized possession, and you don’t need to wait until you develop diabetes, insulin resistance or high cholesterol before taking control of your health. Nutrition is a very powerful tool, and eating the right foods can help reverse or manage disease. This is the reason why one should go to a nutrition consultant. We are the best Nutrition Consultants in California and we can help you get your health back on track. More than just putting you on a diet, we actually work with you to bring about total lifestyle transformation.
We teach you how to eat with balance, so that you can still enjoy your favorite foods while meeting your health goals. Think about how many times you failed to achieve what you wanted due to numerous commitments in life. It is time to put yourself first. With our approach-combining the right diet with nutrition coaching, you will see significant changes.
If you are looking for a nutrition consultant in California, with proven results you have come to the right place. Let us help you get in the best shape of your life, and improve your health for good. Contact us for a nutrition consultation http://bit.ly/Freenutritionconsult
Terms & privacy
We maintain the safety of your personal information by implementing security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure of your personal information, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured channel and is protected and encrypted with digital signatures. Use of information on this website does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship, or a health provider –patient relationship. Any reproduction of materials without authorized consent is forbidden. By using our site, you consent to these terms and conditions.